By completing and submitting your application for coworking membership will also mean acceptance to the terms and conditions specified here in.
- Acceptance into our coworking membership program does not create a tenancy but rather a prepaid usage license to use the provided amenities on a monthly or drop-in basis. This license may be renewed each month for the different coworking membership packages with consent of each party.
- The Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) must be adhered to at all times. Failure to follow the AUP can result in non-renewal or even early termination of the usage license.
Services and Value Offered
ActivSpaces provides a good deal of facilities tailored to make the coworking experience fun and fulfilling. As part of our coworking membership package, we provide access to the following facilities (collectively, “Services”):
- Office Space
- Work Space
- Fast Internet [Free Quota: 5GB per user per month]
- Office Equipment (Printer, Scanner, Locker, etc.) [Free Quota: 25 pages per user per month]
- Conference Equipment [Free Quota: 1 usage per equipment per month]
- Conference Room [Free Quota: Less than 2 hours per usage]
- Kitchen Space and Foody
- Post Office Box
- Office Telephone Line [Quota: charges apply based on minute usage]
- ActivSpaces Events
- ActivSpaces Networks
- ActivSpaces Community
- Knowledge Resources
- Usage Tracking and Reporting [Quota: Charges apply based on number of staff members tracked]
- Other facilities as ActivSpaces may provide from time to time.
As with all shared resources/facilities, ActivSpaces imposes restrictions/quotas in order to ensure judicious/fair usage for all members. These are spelled out in the Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP) below.
Acceptable Usage Policy (Use of Service)
Submission of a coworking space application application acknowledges the acceptance of the Use of Service and/or the Acceptable Use Policy by the applicant.
- Quiet Enjoyment – All members and guests have the right to quiet enjoyment and any behaviour that breaches this will not be condoned.
- Open Environment – This is an open office shared by many different people and organisations. Anything said should be expected to be heard by others if you like it or not.
- Internet/Network Usage – No spamming, posting or downloading files that you know or should know are illegal or that you have no rights to. Do not access any other device connected to ActivSpaces network or the Internet that you do not have permission to access.
- Conference/Meeting Rooms Usage – The conference/meeting rooms can be used by any member. This is based on reasonable usage by each member. If the conference/meeting rooms need to be booked for more than 2 hours, please request this to ActivSpaces staff for approval. This is to ensure that the conference/meeting rooms can be used by others at ActivSpaces.
- Liability – All members and guests are responsible for their own belongings and actions. Should any action or inaction cause damage or cost to ActivSpaces, then that cost will be levied to that member or members.
- No Pets or Bikes – Bikes and pets are not allowed in the building.
- Guests – Any guest must be accompanied by a member at all times. A guest must be listed in the Guest Register before using any of the amenities. The inviting member will be responsible for their guests actions at all times.
- Guest Register – This must be completed by the hosting member. It is required to record the guest’s details and ensure they have understood the AUP and other requirements such as health and safety.
- Members Register – This is maintained by ActivSpaces and has all the details provided by the members for use by ActivSpaces staff and other members. The member has the option of privacy for listing on the public websites.
- Key Bond – If required a key to the door as well as a security card for access to the building after hours will be provided. These keys belong to the building owner. Failure to return either of these at the end of the agreement will result in some, or all, of the bond being forfeited at the sole discretion of ActivSpaces. The keys remain the property of the building owner at all times.
- Renewal and Termination – Membership is a privilege not a right, gross misconduct can result in immediate termination. ActivSpaces renewal is automatic unless advised by the member. Member can terminate this agreement at any time by providing 15 days’ notice after the completion of the initial month.
- Variable Charges – Usage of facilities/resources above stated quotas and other services like telephony usage, usage tracking report, access badges/cards, etc. will attract additional variable charges which will be discussed with the member at the point of accrual of such charges.
- Invoicing and Payment – The member is automatically invoiced monthly in advance based on their membership package. Also included is any variable charges such as telephony usage, usage tracking report, etc. that may have been incurred during the previous period. Payment is required at the beginning of the month for that period. Payment for Drop-ins usage is either paid on the day of use unless other arrangement has been made with ActivSpaces.
- Changes to the AUP or Use of Service – Changes can be made by ActivSpaces with 30 days’ notice to members. These will be emailed to all members and placed on the website.
- Disputes – In the event of any dispute relating to this Agreement, we shall first seek to resolve the dispute through informal discussions. In the event any dispute cannot be resolved informally within thirty (30) consecutive days, the dispute will be negotiated through mediation. The costs of mediation shall be shared equally by ActivSpaces and the Coworking Member.
- No Lease Agreement – ActivSpaces Coworking Membership is a membership agreement and NOT a lease agreement and the Coworking membership shall be held liable if found guilty of using their membership privileges as such.