“One of the biggest challenges startups and small businesses face in urban cities like Buea and Douala is having a suitable office space. It is either the spaces are too expensive, inaccessible or very small.
We are reducing the prices for these businesses and startups by 40% to reduce their expenses and help them focus on building their businesses” says Valery Colong, Executive Director at ActivSpaces.
ActivSpaces, the first Tech Innovation Hub in Cameroon has as mission to help startups grow their businesses. It is willing to give out co-working space to startups at a 40% discount. This goes in line with its goal of making life easier for startups by creating a favourable environment for business; imparting them with skills, expanding their networks and helping them reduce cost.
Moreover, the crisis hitting startups in the two English regions of the country has prompted the incubator to reduce the co-working rents for startups in its offices in Buea and Douala. Those still in Buea will benefit from the hub there and those fleeing to Douala can also get some space from the office in Douala.
To this effect, office spaces that were initially ranging from XAF30,000 to XAF75,000 have been reduced.
The new rates range from XAF25,000 to XAF50,000 with the following benefits.
- Very clean, airy and affordable space equipped with chairs, tables, cupboards and clean toilets.
- Electricity and water bills catered for. The co-worker does not have to pay these bills after he/she has paid for the co-working space.
- The spaces in Buea and Douala are very accessible and secure. In Buea, the office is located at the top left floor, 1st Trust Building, Great Soppo. In Douala, Immeuble TECNO, Boulevard de la Liberté, Douala. These areas are near to the road with little effort to get to the exact locations.
- Access to events and event materials; projector, hall with 45 persons’ capacity, whiteboard and markers, flip stand chairs and tables, live streaming equipment and support from community managers. Note that our coworkers attend paid events for free once they sign up for co-working space.
- Co-workers will also have access to ActivSpaces’ post box. If they have any mail from any part of the world, they can use ActivSpaces’ post box to receive.
- Co-workers will also tap from ActivSpaces’ networks. This Hub has been existing for a decade and has many networks from which anyone close to it can benefit from. Moreover, business becomes easier in a community setting than in isolation.
These services are very essential for businesses in urban cities especially those that are just beginning. This is because renting a new place will mean the payment of a space, cleaner, office supplies, furniture, electricity and water bills and many others. Hence, ActivSpaces is giving all these at a very affordable price.
Office spaces to be given out vary just as the prices vary.
This means the startup has an office on its own all equipped with the benefits above. Here, it’s members have access to the office with no interruptions from ActivSpaces except in cases that need it’s attention. The space user (startup) does its private business without interruptions.
The startup shares a table with others at the main halls with the benefits above. Of the four seats on each table, a startup can sign up for one of the spcess and co-workers with other space users.
3. Single Table
A single table where a startup rents a whole table alone. The space user has the right to bring in its team members. The space user occupies all the four seats on one table at the main hall.
ActivSpaces is currently hosting more thann 7 startups as co-workers in Buea and Douala. They enjoy the benefits that come with being part of a community.
What are you waiting for? Grab the opportunity now and become part of the ActivSpaces community by signing up for co-working space.
To get more information on co-working space, contact ActivSpaces via firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp 237 678949241