ActivSpaces is seeking two full-stack PHP and WordPress Developers to join our team under the ActivSpaces Labs Program. The ideal candidates should have a thorough mastery of WordPress development standards and best practices. Strong front-end skills and experience creating and working with custom themes and plugins is required. We believe in less is more so come prepared to demo some of your works. This position is based in Buea, Silicon Mountain Area, South West Region, Cameroon.
- Work as part of an agile team to build web applications that keeps the customer most satisfied.
- Train other young developers to become better than you. Yes, you read that right.
- Work on challenging high impact projects stemming from the Labs or other research institutions.
- Collaborate with startup founders to help them ship their products faster.
- Provide customer support, maintain, test, debug and deploy codes to servers.
- Proficiency in one or more high level programming languages including PHP.
- Proven experience working with WordPress API.
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL/mySQL
- Thorough understanding of cross-browser compatibility.
- Understanding of Semantic Web.
- Mastery of Responsive Web Frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.).
- Familiarity using Git/GitHub/GitLab in a team environment.
- Familiarity using LESS or SASS/SCSS and task-runner (Grunt/Gulp).
- Capable of writing scalable, maintainable, and reusable code. Additional desired qualities (pluses)
- Works fast and possesses strong attention to detail.
- Is punctual/on-time and hits deadlines.
- Bilingual with strong written/verbal skills. Mastery of spoken and written English is a must have.
- Willingness to learn new skills and use them on projects for the Labs.
- Willingness to stay with the team for at least 3 years.
- Geek enthusiast, problem solver, self-directed, sense of humor.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be conducted between May 28 and May 31, 2018.
To apply, submit your CV to email@example.com. Your CV should contain links to some of the projects you have worked on that is available online or via code repositories like github.com or gitlab.com. All applicants will receive a feedback about their status no later than May 25, 2018.
Candidates who are shortlisted must reply to the email confirming their availability at the interview rounds no later than May 27, 2018. All shortlisted candidates must come prepared to demo some of their works during the interview rounds.
The selected candidates will be announced no later than June 3, 2018 and they should be available to start work on June 12, 2018 from our branch office in Buea, Silicon Mountain Area, South West Region, Cameroon.
About ActivSpaces Labs
ActivSpaces Labs is a special program or department of ActivSpaces created with the aim of helping startups and companies ship products faster to market by lending product engineering and development support. ActivSpaces Labs operates as a MakerSpace and we welcome mad and unreasonable Scientists and Engineers who are have the stomach to reinvent the wheel for Africa.
ActivSpaces is without equivocation the leading tech community organization in Cameroon—and indeed among the first tech hubs on the African continent. ActivSpaces currently operates two hubs in Buea and Douala respectively each hosting over 500 tech events annually and a home for a good number of young techies in these communities.
ActivSpaces’ mission is to collect, train, encourage, support and delight young Cameroonian innovators into becoming world class entrepreneurs or technology adopters capable of building successful technology enterprises.