Registration for the Mobile Application Development Hackathon sponsored by Zuoix, an offensive information security company based in Cameroon is going on. Who will go home with the amazing cash prize and other exciting incentives that come with winning the Hackathon?
This Hackathon is rounding off the first series of training sponsored by Leapfrog through ActivSpaces which started in January 2018.
The aim of this Hackathon is to test the skills of Silicon Mountain techies on Mobile App development by giving them the opportunity to work on real life projects and compete among themselves.
This Hackathon is organized by ActivSpaces in partnership with Leapfrog, a German based NGO that is promoting IT education in Africa financially and technically.
What is in store for the winners?
- Cash prize
- Paid internship (depending on how well you deliver your final product and at the winner’s discretion)
- Free installation of the Zoomed car security system on any car of your choice worth XAF150,000
- Free subscription for a year worth XAF50,000
- A day tour round the Zuoix office and presentation of the Zuoix team and company to the winners.
- Possible integration/employment into the Zuoix company (depending on the output you deliver and at the winner’s discretion)
- Beach time with Zuoix
However, there are other amazing prizes for other participants who may not win the Hackathon. According to Buma Wa Motia, Projects and Partnership Coordinator for ActivSpaces, there will be many interesting prizes and activities to keep participants relaxed as usual.
When and where is the Hackathon?
The competition will take place from May 28-31, 2019 at ActivSpaces Buea, Top Left Floor, 1st Trust Building, Great Soppo. Participants are expected to at the venue from 9h:00-15h:00 daily. For efficiency sake, they will have to come with their laptops.
Who can participate?
Participation at the Hackathon will comprise players in a real world agile workflow process. For example, a group will need a Mobile App developer, graphic designer, software tester, devop, marketer, etc. Hence, all those with skills on the various fields can register. .
What you have to do to win the prize
To win the cash and other incentives, participants will have to build a Mobile Application that suits and aids the use of the Zoomed Car security system. ZOOMED, proprietary project of Zuoix, is an SMS location based application to provide clients with the exact location of their devices on a custom based map anytime the app is opened. It is designed for company clients and enables them track and send specific functions to their cars.
- The main goal of the project is to create a mobile app that can ease and simplify the client sending basic SMS commands to their devices through the app and receiving SMS replies from the device (which is a GPS Location of the device) interpreted on the app.
- The APP is basically a MAP app with basic SMS commands.
- The graphical project is delivered by the Client. The file will be updated with new screens provided by the client.
- API is delivered by the Client.
NB: The map, just like google maps, is offline based and can be gotten from https://maps.me. The application should be designed to work without internet connection thus, downloading the user’s country during first time use
The registration form is fast reaching its full capacity though prospective competitors keep adding every day. Just 30 persons will be allowed to take part in the Hackathon. Do you have what it takes to win the prizes?
Register via http://bit.ly/web-bootcamp
You can call 678925156/678 949241 for more information