Note: This is the first guest post in a series on entrepreneurship by ActivSpaces member Otto Paul Akama.
I don’t know about you, but I think the Start-Up culture in university environments in Cameroon can help to reduce unemployment in the following ways.
- It leads to self employment, something which the Cameroon government preaches day in day out.
- It polishes you experience and character preparing you for corporate environment, supposedly you would like to switch.
- With start-ups, jobs can be created as you could employ your class mates, creating jobs for them while they study.
- If your start-up succeeds (very few do – but there is hope) it will create a big company that can employ thousands of people.
- Start-ups help to delete the culture of lazying around, making people to be more productive.